Asha Kiran Ashram’s mission is to enable young people with physical and mental disabilities in the Tamil Nadu district of Southern India, opportunities for education, therapy, integration, social participation, medical support, independence and vocational aspirations in a supportive environment.
- The Hostel construction is progressing well, but still needs work doing to complete (please see Hostel Construction)
- Volunteers are always welcome here at Asha Kiran Ashram- Occupational Therapy students Rosie and Katy from England and Wales, UK were here in the summer 2011 (please see Volunteers page)
- We have been granted registration under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010. This means that we can receive contributions from abroad for the running and building of the school and hostel (please see How to Help page)
- Medical Camps at Asha Kiran Ashram- Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Seda (Indian medicine) practitioners to assess the children (see Activities page )
- New staff at Asha Kiran Ashram- a trainee nurse has joined the team to provide medical care and is involved in some teachings